How To Remove Vinyl Decals

The Real Definition of a Cool Car

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cooling System Woes...

Well after the install of the radiator, thermostat and hose, I figured I was good to go. Check this out!!




Yes it's a popped hose, with tape around it. I turned the car off, put a lil tape on it and restarted, to make sure that was the only thing popped. Taping hoses is bad and can lead to other problems.




This hose goes from the valve cover to the firewall. The firewall has a little heater valve, that connects this hose and a hose to the heater core inside the car. That allows the heater to work. As soon as coolant spewed out my heater got cold and told me there was a cooling issue.



You can get a better look from this view, if you cant find the tape, look at the bottom of the blue air filter, follow it up till u hit the chrome trim, go right passed the wires, then you will see the hose.



This is the actual valve it connects too, i am unsure about this part, and the picture as well.




What I did was not a smart thing, but I needed a temporary fix. I took off this hose taped it up really good so the little hole couldn't leak. After this I put it back on started to bleed the coolant system. Using the bleeder bolt.... Well OK IT BROKE! I was so sad. I had to use QUICKSTEEL and epoxy putty it back on. that is a temporary fix as i wait for the replacement part.

I have to zoom in on the bolt, for a good shot. I will get it asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment