How To Remove Vinyl Decals

The Real Definition of a Cool Car

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thermostat and Radiator Install

Updated with pics:

My car has been out of comission due to the broken radiator. I got the radiator installed in no problem! Car still overheated, changed the thermostat and am about to go flush/bleed the cooling system. After this I will do the oil change that has been waiting for some time. This car has become a project of it's own. The SUPRA is my project car, but as long as I have the money and time I am down to work on my daily driver too.

The week has been extremely busy, I am working on an alternator for a friend and this stuff on the Integra, as well class work has been kicking my butt. I have been daydreaming about the SUPRA a lot.

Basically my dreams are to go to E-town, raceway park and take the road course driving lessons. Rent the road course. just race with all my friends. This sounds so good, but highly unlikely. Also I have been dreaming about that 75 shot of NOS for my automatic transmission launch. Soo much work and money for something that just offers love, speed, and beauty!


The new coolant tank next to the old "coolant tank" (the oil bottle had a tube going to radiator)




Radiatorless Engine Bay, you can see the oil cooler that sits in front of the radiator.



Old radiator pulled, I will bring it to a scrap yard with the rest of the metal I have collected. best to recycle :}

More pics to come soon. I want to drive it 60 miles then get the pictures of the clean and restored cooling system. If that heat neadle moves i must bleed it, then if that does not worry I will begin to check compression and leakage of each cylinder. This will verify if there is a BLOWN HEAD GASKET.

No comments:

Post a Comment