How To Remove Vinyl Decals

The Real Definition of a Cool Car

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentines Day/Day After Valentines Day

OK well I have been extremely busy.

Valentine's day was great. Spent it with my lovely Supra! :} Had the boys come over and help get the IC piping done and the ignition timing set. Was a fun time getting everything together. These guys that came through are friends from high school and really know their stuff. They will definitely be a part of this blog in the near future. Supra started and was idle actually very good. When there were air leaks it idled about 1500rpms which is about double what it should. now it was idling about 700rpms where it should be. it was running a little rough, so we shut her down took off the plates and decided to just keep on building. Without the plates now I don't need to worry about driving or spending any money. I can just focus on what the car was meant to do, and see it's true power soon enough.

The day after Valentines day I was ready to come back to school. I ran some errands only to find my muffler silencer was stolen in the parking lot. This is bad, but it's not the end of the world. So upset and all I just head back to school, now to find a coolant hose from the radiator burst! In order to keep the engine from overheating, the heat had to remain on full blast, and I had to maintain a high enough speed to keep the air coming into the engine bay. As soon as I got to SUNY Purchase, I pulled into Starbucks and opened my hood up, took my 15 minutes and let it air out. I replaced the hose the next day, but that only showed me the Radiator was leaking.

Today I removed the radiator and forgot to take pictures! i will put some soon, of the engine bay without a radiator. I ordered one and can not wait to install it.... (SARCASM) but i do want the car running!

No comments:

Post a Comment