How To Remove Vinyl Decals

The Real Definition of a Cool Car

Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Wire is Wire"

As always when I get a car there are many minor issues that I must resolve. For the Integra, so far it is the left marker/turn signal housing. It came as just an empty piece of plastic with a clear lens. I found out what bulbs to buy and did so, only to find there to literally be nothing to insert them into. I compared the housing with the right side as well as bulb connectors. The housing on the right actually had sockets which lead to normal rounded bulb connectors. The left side had a weird green flat connector, and a brown flat connector. I was really confused.

Later that night I was speaking to a friend of mine about this issue. His name is Kenny, he has helped me with every single problem my Supra has had. Without him that car would never work! After, informing me that autozone sells bulb sockets, Ken said "Wire is wire." That is the theme today. Those three words can be so useful. From the idea of, cutting the weird harnesses off, lengthening the wires, and wiring in the new socket. All of these things had different ends, connectors, and harnesses, but when you cut that off, wire is wire. I am sure it can be related to life in some or many ways, but thats for a different blog...

So now I have a working left turn signal, but not marker lamp. I tried to wire it into the green connector, but it did nothing, i belive I need a ground for it. There is a very small green wire within the bundle of wires the harness i cut is in. If I can connect this wire to a ground it should work, but at the same time I believe the ground should be off the bulb socket, which this socket does not have. We will see when I get it done. It'll be a fun job.

No comments:

Post a Comment